Also high in vitamin A. Good Antioxidant, good for your heart, good for asthma. Pretty darn easy to make too. Keep this in mind post SHTF.
1. Choose the right pine tree. There are some which can be poisonous. The white pine is considered to be the best choice for this.
2. Choose pine needles which are fresh and slightly greener than the others.
3. Get hold of these and wash them thoroughly to get rid of all the dirt.
4. Chop them till you have about ½ - ¾ cup.
5. Now keep some water for boiling and add the pine to it.
6. Let it simmer for 5 minutes and take it down from the stove.
7. Let sit for 30 minutes to an hour.
8. The more you boil it, the stronger it'll be. So if you want a mild taste, bring it down after 5 minutes.
9. After steeping it, strain the leaves (they can get quite sharp) and you'll be left with a reddish liquid that mild and a little tangy to taste.